The Association of Online Publishers (AOP) has announced its prestigious Digital Publishing Awards 2024 are now open for entries.
The Digital Publishing Awards have returned to celebrate the individuals and teams working to create, deliver, and monetise quality online content.
Digital Publishing Awards 2024
Coming into their 22nd year, the awards continue to set the standard for editorial, commercial, partnership and publishing excellence.
The deadline for this year’s entries falls on 14 March, and the winners will be announced at the AOP Awards dinner on 12 June 2024 at Old Billingsgate, London.
With 26 categories, awards are open to all members and non-members of the AOP.
Each category will be judged by an independent panel of digital experts, led by joint Co-Chairs Jonathon Whiteley, CEO Europe of Arc Network, and Karen Eccles, Chief Commercial Officer of The Telegraph. The full list of judges can be viewed here.
“While digital publishers start 2024 facing continuous challenges, our community never fails to inspire me, undertaking impressive work to build a more resilient, collaborative, and valuable industry,” said Richard Reeves, Managing Director at AOP.
“I’m excited to hear from all the hard-working teams and individuals who are paving the way towards our industry’s bright future, and can’t wait to celebrate them at our awards ceremony in June.”
Co-Chair, Jonathon Whiteley, said “I’m thrilled and honoured to co-chair the prestigious AOP Awards 2024. It’s a privilege to celebrate the innovation, achievements and sheer hard work that is the life blood of the sector.
“As a former winner, I know just how much these awards mean to all the dedicated teams working right across our industry and how vital they are as a showcase of excellence.”
Co-Chair, Karen Eccles, said “It’s an honour to be part of the 2024 AOP Digital Publishing Awards, which recognise the incredible work and growth that has taken place over the past 12 months.
“I look forward to celebrating the ingenuity, creativity, and passion across the digital publishing landscape, as well as rewarding the teams who are changing our industry for the better.”
The full list of categories:
AOP Individual Excellence Awards
- Journalist of the Year
- Editor of the Year
- The AOP Award for Inspiring Local Journalism, sponsored by Google News Initiative
- Sales Person of the Year
- Rising Star
AOP Team Excellence Awards
- Editorial Team of the Year: B2B
- Editorial Team of the Year: Consumer
- Sales Team of the Year
- Advertising Operations Team of the Year
- Product Development Team of the Year
- Audience Development Team of the Year
AOP Publishing Excellence Awards
- Best Use of Video, sponsored by PubMatic
- Best Use of Audio
- Best Diversification of Commercial Strategy
- Best Creative Solutions Led / Content Marketing Campaign
- Best Publisher-led Social Good Initiative or Campaign
- Best Use of Data
- Best Research / Insight Project
- Best Digital Publishing Innovation, sponsored by Index Exchange
- Best Media Technology Partner
- The AOP Employer Excellence Award, sponsored by Lewis Silkin
AOP Grand Prix
- Best Online Brand: B2B
- Best Online Brand: Consumer
- Small Digital Publisher of the Year
Publishing companies who have demonstrated success across several categories in the AOP Awards will be invited to enter the final two categories, following the announcement of the finalists:
- Best Digital B2B Publishing Company 2024
- Best Digital Consumer Publishing Company 2024
Entries should be made online and can be entered here.