UM, the global media agency network of IPG Mediabrands, undertook its fifth Impact Day on Thursday 22 July.
This is an annual fixture in which UM commits its resources to serving the community, and 2022 marks the first year it’s been held in-person since before the pandemic.
In all, 120 UM regional offices in 50 countries across EMEA, APAC, LATAM and North America will be partnering with local charities, partners and more.
Impact Day London
UM London’s teams will be engaging in activities to help their own local communities, including:
- Inviting Thrive Tuition’s students to UM’s offices as part of the company’s Futureproof Academy. These young pupils are 6-10 years old, come from underprivileged areas, and will learn more about the world of media
- Working with UK charity FCV Dorcas to host a fun and music-filled lunch and afternoon of entertainment for local elderly people.
- Mentoring university students from City University’s Bayes Business School
- A bake sale for mental health charity CALM
- Assembling kits for Whitechapel Mission – a homeless shelter that also works as a day centre to provide career advice
- Volunteering with HandsOn London.
Launched in 2016 under UM’s Better World corporate social responsibility initiative, Impact Day exemplifies the agency’s commitment to community and care.
It acts as a focal point for UM employees’ commitment to creating a better workplace, products and world to benefit the communities in which they live and serve.
Rachel Forde, UK CEO of UM, said: “With Covid restrictions lifted, we’re finally able to get back to the streets on the 21st of July.
“Our people can also complete their own voluntary work if there is a specific charity that is close to their heart, or particular projects they want to dedicate their time to in their own community.
“Our Better World efforts aren’t focused entirely on a single day of course. We are proud to run a number of projects helping out underprivileged communities over the course of the year.
“We work with local charities on an ongoing basis and deliver events aimed at tackling issues like discrimination.
“Every day we strive to make a difference, but Impact Day has become a global symbol of this effort and of our resolve to help society through the influence we have as a business.”