This week at Cannes Lions, Snapchat has launched an immersive AR experience, created in partnership with eight of the world’s leading CCOs and creative powerhouses.
These creative leaders have built their careers developing unique worlds for iconic brands, and now, through AR Lenses, will invite Cannes attendees and Snapchatters at home to experience the vibrant worlds they’ve imagined for themselves.
Bespoke Landmarkers will be active on Snapchat’s Snap Map during Cannes Lions, which will give attendees and Snapchatters everywhere a peek inside the minds of the most imaginative people in the world.
Among those top CCOs are:
- Rob Reilly, WPP, Global CCO, who will give Snapchatters a look into the digital psyche that wires his creative digital mind
- Merlee Jayme, Dentsu International, CCO, who will swing Snapchatters into a cherry blossom-clad playground of collaboration and heart
- Alberto Ponte, Wieden+Kennedy, ECD, Nike Global, who will teleport Snapchatters to an illuminating and quiet creative haven
- Doerte Spengler-Ahrens, Jung von Matt SAGA Hamburg, CCO, who will catapult Snapchatters into a colorful consciousness of pizza and rainbows
- Greg Hahn, Mischief, CCO & Co-Founder, who will take Snapchatters to a curious land of pink razzmatazz and whimsical creatures
- Keith Cartwright, Cartwright, President/CCO, who will invite Snapchatters to explore the island of peaceful agitation
- Shannon Washington, R/GA, SVP Head of Creative, who will guide Snapchatters into a lush terrain of creativity built on a foundation of truth
- Susan Credle, FCB, Global CCO, who will transport Snapchatters to a zen world of creative freedom and nature
These AR experiences can be found on the Snap Map or by scanning the Snapcodes below.
The eight Landmarkers can be found on the Snap Map at the following locations:
- The Palais des Festivals stairs,
- Fontaine (Bassin) sur la Croisette,
- Plage Publique du Palais,
- Rue Hoche and Rue Hélene V.,
- Rue Saint Antoine,
- Hotel Martinez,
- Beach Club at the Carlton Hotel,
- Rue Meynadier
Colleen DeCourcy, CCO Snap, said: “All creatives want a close-up look at the ‘it’ that a creative icon has, but most creatives aren’t here.
“We hoped AR could show them inside the iconic heads in Cannes. The heads agreed to be examined.
“Creativity is your brain connecting ideas in response to the world around you. AR works the same way, in response to the same world.
“So this was a quick, fun project. As a medium, AR feels familiar.”