LiveRamp, a leading data collaboration platform, today announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Habu, a data clean room software provider, in a cash and stock transaction valued at approximately $200 million.
The acquisition will further accelerate LiveRamp’s ability to offer global data collaboration at scale, across all clouds and walled gardens, solving fundamental challenges for customers while also unlocking powerful measurement and analytics use cases.
LiveRamp to acquire Habu
Global brands and media companies use Habu’s technology to securely share first-party customer data with business partners and publishers to enable more effective and personalized marketing.
Companies are overwhelmed with data and even the most sophisticated companies find it challenging to fully realize the value of their data.
Today, data still sits in operational silos, making it difficult to leverage internally and even more so with external partners.
The combination of LiveRamp and Habu solves these structural challenges by connecting data and making it interoperable across all clouds, walled gardens, and clean room environments while maintaining privacy and governance protocols.
“LiveRamp enables next-generation data collaboration that delivers unmatched brand and business value”, said Scott Howe, CEO of LiveRamp.
“Through this acquisition, we will further empower our customers to unlock insights, use cases, and revenue streams by seamlessly connecting data and deepening measurement, across any platform or partner they prefer,”
“Habu shares our vision, and together, we will help more global enterprises benefit from the transformative power of data collaboration.”
The Habu acquisition will allow LiveRamp to deliver differentiated capabilities to customers to:
- Streamline and simplify cross-cloud collaboration by seamlessly connecting data across clouds, warehouses, and clean rooms while reducing complexity and IT infrastructure constraints.
- Achieve a first-of-its-kind, single view of measurement across any walled garden, programmatic channel, or media partner, including media networks and all major CTV and TV platforms.
- Access enhanced enterprise identity and connectivity solutions to break down data silos and navigate signal loss and evolving privacy regulation with confidence.
- Expand LiveRamp’s industry leading data collaboration network, enabling global connectivity to the world’s most scaled network of publishers, walled gardens, retailers, brands, and agencies.
- Advance AI initiatives through greater data access to train and optimize analytical models that inform marketing decisions and enable other enterprise use cases.
Matt Kilmartin, CEO of Habu, said: “LiveRamp and Habu approached the data collaboration market with two complementary strategies that share the common goal of creating the largest data collaboration network rooted in privacy.
“As we look ahead to our next chapter as part of LiveRamp, we’re as committed as ever to our mission of paving the way for the next frontier of responsible data collaboration.”
The Habu team will help lead LiveRamp’s data collaboration strategy, reporting to LiveRamp’s Chief Revenue Officer, Vihan Sharma.