The BBC has announced the line-up for this year’s Celebrity Masterchef, which includes the likes of Judy Murray, Matthew Pinsent and Death In Paradise star, Shyko Amos.
The Shine produced series was filmed before the COVID19 outbreak. It is set to air in the coming weeks on BBC One.
Across five weeks John Torode and Gregg Wallace will be putting their own taste buds through a range of lip-smacking, and possibly distasteful dishes, Shine said.
They’ll discover which celebrities have the palate and skill to chop, slice and sizzle their way to lifting the iconic Celebrity MasterChef trophy.
The 20 celebrities hoping to follow in the footsteps of last year’s champion Greg Rutherford, are:
- Actors Shyko Amos, Phil Daniels and Felicity Montagu
- Actor and comedian Crissy Rock
- Comedian Judi Love
- Recording artist Myles Stephenson
- Musician Lady Leshurr
- Conductor for the Kingdom Choir, Karen Gibson
- Television presenters Gethin Jones and Dom Littlewood
- Travel presenter Amar Latif
- Television and radio presenter Jeff Brazier
- Broadcaster and internet personality Riyadh Khalaf
- Olympic gold medallists and sports presenters Sam Quek MBE & Sir Matthew Pinsent CBE
- RuPaul UK finalist and drag artist Baga Chipz
- Reality personality Pete Wicks
- Apprentice star and entrepreneur Thomas Skinner
- Tennis coach Judy Murray OBE
- Football legend John Barnes MBE
Who can stand the heat?
The first four heat weeks concentrate on whittling down the celebrities; testing their abilities until only the best go through to the final stages.
This year the top celebrity cooks must endure more nerve-racking and exhilarating challenges during the Semi and Final Week stages, including:
- Mass catering from tents for one hundred people for a special anniversary lunch
- A tricky take-away themed Invention Test
- And cooking for one of country’s most popular chefs, Aldo Zilli
Carla-Maria Lawson, Commissioning Editor for the BBC, said: “The twenty celebrities who’ve taken up the MasterChef challenge this year are an exciting, ambitious and brave bunch.
“There’s been no holding back in their pursuit of the coveted Celebrity MasterChef title and their efforts will be a real treat for viewers in the BBC One summer schedule.”
Shine TV Series Editor, Katie Attwood, said: “This series we’ve got another fantastic line-up of willing celebrities ready to commence battle.
“And, for the first time, in the heats we kick off with the Market Test, which throws up some pretty unusual creations for John and Gregg to say the least.
“It promises to be full of fun, surprises and some great food.”