Legendary filmmaker Ridley Scott is among six industry luminaries being celebrated by The IPA in its annual New Year Honours list.
Ridley Scott is best known as the director of iconic films such as Bladerunner, Alien, Thelma & Louise, Gladiator, and more recently Napoleon and House of Gucci.
Scott was among others recognised for their outstanding service to the advertising industry and the way they have raised the reputation of adland at large.
Also being honoured are Alex Mahon, Sebastian Munden, Mark Ritson, Charlie Rudd and Aline Santos.
They will each be bestowed an IPA Fellowship (FIPA) or Honorary Fellowship (Hon. FIPA) at the IPA President’s Reception on Wednesday 17 January.
2024 IPA New Year Honours List:
Receiving a Fellowship
- Charlie Rudd, Group CEO Leo Burnett and Publicis.Poke and Fallon London
Receiving an Honorary Fellowship (for individuals not with an IPA member agency):
- Alex Mahon, CEO, Channel4
- Sebastian Munden, Chair, Ad Net Zero
- Mark Ritson, Former marketing professor, founder of the Marketing Week Mini MBA
- Aline Santos, Chief Brand Officer and Chief Equity Diversity & Inclusion Officer, Unilever
- Ridley Scott, Filmmaker
Commenting, IPA Director General Paul Bainsfair said: “The IPA New Year Honours is our opportunity to show our gratitude to those whose achievements have had a remarkable impact on the advertising industry and beyond.
“Throughout their storied careers, Alex, Aline, Charlie, Mark, Sebastian and, of course, Ridley have all helped to make ours a world class industry.”