European news broadcaster Euronews has partnered with carbon consultants C Level, to calculate and offset the carbon footprint of its sponsored and branded content production, ensuring that its clients engage with a partner who is not only an expert in innovative storytelling but is also committed to climate action.
C Level is a certified B Corporation with 20 years’ experience that enables businesses to take action on carbon with forests and communities.
C Level helps companies calculate their carbon impact and offset it by engaging in nature-based solutions, such as forest restoration, forest protection, regeneration or rewilding projects across the world.
Its global Carbon Balanced Programme provides Carbon Balanced Certification based on natural carbon offsets verified under Plan Vivo.
The partnership with C Level will first of all allow Euronews to:
- offset the carbon footprint of its sponsored and branded content production,
- certify that, from 2020 onwards, all productions developed by its creative studio Embrace are carbon balanced,
- have access to accredited and independently verified carbon projects from across the globe and be able to participate in action on carbon, action on forests, with communities,
- share best practices with partners and with the media industry by creating a new online carbon calculator
The partnership with C Level reinforces Euronews’ already-strong reputation in sustainability, the news channel said, as Euronews puts climate and environmental stories at the core of its daily coverage through:
- Dedicated TV and digital series, such as Ocean, Climate Now, Farm To Fork and Low Impact Living,
- The launch of Euronews Green, a vertical dedicated to climate solutions, eco-innovation and sustainable living,
- Cross-platform thematic weeks, such as Euronews’ Green Week, which coincides with the European Commission’s annual #EUGreenWeek, of which Euronews is a media partner,
- Euronews Debates, a series of high-level roundtable conversations,
- Special coverage around COP26, with correspondents deployed in Glasgow for a full agenda of dedicated programming for TV and digital.
Alongside its traditional news activity, Euronews produces content – both sponsored and branded – via its award winning in-house creative studio, Embrace.
Working with partners from a range of industries, from destinations, events and travel organisations to luxury brands, global corporates, financial services and technology companies, Embrace creates innovative sponsored feature content and native/brand storytelling in 12 languages for an upscale, global audience across all platforms.
Commitment to sustainability
Carolyn Gibson, Chief Revenue Officer at Euronews, said: “Through our partnership with C Level, we aim to further strengthen Euronews commitment to sustainability.
“We chose C Level because of their inspiring partnerships and because they offer partners the possibility to not only connect with well-established carbon offsetting projects, but also go the extra mile and actively engage with European Rewilding projects.
“For our clients this means that they can be confident that Euronews are investing as a business, in carbon balancing all of the work we do with them.
“We look forward to partnering with companies who are committed to sustainable business practices and developing exciting new content initiatives together that won’t impact the planet.”
Daren Howarth | CEO & Founder of C Level, said: “Euronews partnering with C Level is exciting to me, first because Euronews wants to understand and take action to the best of its ability.
“Secondly, it really got the importance of collaboration, saying yes to us building a simple new carbon calculator, which other companies will benefit from freely using.
“It will give everyone making smaller, simpler films, a ready tool to understand and immediately act on their production carbon footprint.
“Finally, C Level’s mission is to connect companies with the most holistic and innovative carbon balancing projects across the globe (and for those who want to go one step further, our Wild Aligned programme is about changing culture not climate).
“So we are thrilled to have found a partner who is a story teller, so more companies can connect with the inspirational projects at the heart of our business”
Certified B Corporations are businesses that meet the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability to balance profit and purpose