Marketing and advertising awards group Effie UK said it has recruited an all-star Council of 17 members.
Each appointee is committed to driving Effie’s purpose in the UK by promoting its mission to lead, inspire and champion progressive marketing effectiveness around the world.
Chaired by Anomaly Global CEO and Effie Worldwide Board Director, Karina Wilsher, the UK Council is comprised of leaders from brands, local and global agencies, and media companies.
From the tech world, names include Facebook’s Nick Baughan, Director of Agencies for UK & Ireland; while the agency community, the Effies have signed up Lindsay Pattison, Chief Client Officer at WPP; Magnus Djaba, Global President of Saatchi & Saatchi; Sophie Daranyi, Chief Executive Officer, Omnicom Retail Group, Ete Davies, CEO of Engine Creative; Xav Rees, CEO of Havas London; and Dylan Williams, CSO of Droga5, among others.
Marketers on the Effie UK Council include Aline Santos, Global EVP of Marketing at Unilever, and David Benson, Director, Global Brand at Google, as well as representatives from Diageo, Boots, and Cheryl Calverley, Chief Marketing Officer, Eve Sleep.
The seventeen Council members are all thought leaders in their fields and will participate across Effie’s range of industry-leading programmes.
Together they will help to drive a new phase of relevance around the world for the independent body, which celebrated its 50th anniversary last year.
“Effie is the definitive global mark of effectiveness and given the rate of change within the UK marketing industry, I’m excited to help lead a more progressive commitment to the needs of modern marketers today,” Karina Wilsher said.
The Council will drive forward Effie’s core belief in the dynamic power of effectiveness, while working to ensure that effectiveness remains a priority for marketers throughout their careers.
Juliet Haygarth who was appointed Effie UK MD last year with a clear remit to drive broaden Effie’s agenda in the UK said: “The formation of the council comes at a key time for us as we develop our awards and extend beyond them into wider content and education initiatives.
“With our global reach and global case database, we’re looking forward to being a part of the wider conversation around effectiveness and nurturing the next generation of talent coming through.”
The inaugural Effie UK Council Members include:
- Chair: Karina Wilsher, Global CEO, Anomaly
- Nick Baughan, Director of Agencies UK and Ireland, Facebook
- David Benson, Director Global Brand Business Unit, Google
- Cheryl Calverley, Chief Marketing Officer, Eve Sleep
- Dan Clays, Chief Executive Officer, Omnicom Media Group
- Sophie Daranyi, Chief Executive Officer, Omnicom Retail Group
- Ete Davies, Chief Executive Officer, Engine
- Magnus Djaba, Global President, Saatchi & Saatchi
- Andrew Geoghegan, Global Consumer Planning Director, Diageo
- Tanya Joseph, Director, Tanya Joseph Consulting
- Simon Law, Chief Strategy Officer, Mirum
- Dino Myers-Lamptey, Founder, The Barber Shop
- Helen Normoyle, Marketing Director, Boots
- Lindsay Pattison, Global Chief Client Officer, WPP
- Xavier Rees, CEO, Havas London
- Aline Santos, EVP Global Marketing and Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer, Unilever
- Dylan Williams, Partner & Chief Strategy Officer, Droga5
The Council’s remit will include the Effie Awards UK program, which celebrates the most effective marketing efforts each year and is accepting entries for its 2020 competition through 24 April 2020.
The group will also lead the conversation around the future of marketing effectiveness through thought leadership initiatives and leveraging Effie’s global educational resources in the UK.